Dr. Lori Travers
Meet Dr. Lori Travers
Since 1999 Dr. Lori Travers has performed more than 40,000 laser vision correction procedures, putting her in the top 1% of ophthalmologists in the world that practice the specialty. She is board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
She attended Georgetown University where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and Biology. She then received her M.D. degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine and completed her residency at Georgetown University Hospital’s Center for Sight. After graduation, she completed a year of study in Carlsbad, California with Lee Nordan, M.D. Dr. Nordan was the principal investigator for the FDA trials for the first all-laser-lasik femtosecond laser (the newest generation of LASIK). In 2001, Dr. Travers had laser vision correction on her own eyes by Dr. Nordan.
Dr. Travers then moved to Raleigh, North Carolina to open LasikPlus Vision Center. After serving as the medical director for LasikPlus for 7 years, she decided it was time to pursue the dream of directing her own lasik practice. In 2008 she opened Travers Lasik Vision Care, the only privately owned clinic in the Raleigh area specializing in laser vision correction. She has become the most experienced Lasik doctor in the Triangle with people often travelling from all areas of North Carolina and surrounding states to receive treatment from her.
Dr. Travers lives in Raleigh with her husband, Mike (Vice President of Travers Lasik), and her four beautiful daughters Katie, Jodie, Maya, and Leila.
- Diplomat of The American Board of Ophthalmology
- Diplomat of The United States Medical Licensing Examiners
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- Alcon Wavelight EyeQ Certification
- Ziemer Femto LDV Certification
- Bausch & Lomb Excimer Laser Certification
- VISX Excimer Laser Certification
- Summit Excimer Laser Certification
- Bausch & Lomb Hansatome Microkeratome